Tuesday 14 August 2012

Making of

I'm not much of a writer so I'm apologising before hand if some of the stuff posted in here won't make much sense.. you've been warned :)

I know I could well use Facebook instead of getting to the hassle of writing a blog but I consider myself a little old fashion still, specially when it comes to social networks.. maybe one day ;)

Nevertheless, the reason why I'm creating this blog is because of my next trip to Georgia (the country.. not the US state) in 4 days time. Some of you may think that it is a silly idea to travel to Georgia.. You're right.. It is! that is probably the reason why I'm going but also because I'll be meeting my crazy Lithuanian friend Giedre who is a photo journalist and is traveling around Georgia to find her inner piece and to take as many pictures as possible ;) I'm relying on you Giedre.. No pressure! :p Check out some of her pictures at the end of this post..

I'm also writing this blog to the future adventurous people that one day might want to visit Georgia. From my experience, when travelling to exotic countries there are 2 things that must be on the top of your checklist: travel visa and jabs. According to the the Georgian embassy website anyone from the EU countries is fine (I'll tell you for sure when I get there) as long as you have a valid passport for more than six months. As what travel jabs is concerned it's not too bad.. according to this quite useful website shown to me by my local GP only Hepatitis A is advised. There is a slight risk of Malaria but only within certain zones closer to Turkey and Azerbaijan. I was advised just to take lots of mosquito repellent if I end up there...

So.. After getting my passport renewed and my Hepatitis A jab taken, I'm good to go - I think!
This is going to be my first trip were I haven't got any single thing planned apart from the flight and the first night. I'm expecting the next couple of weeks to be quite interesting to say the least. Not quite sure how often I'll have access to the internet but I'll rely on my iPod to be posting here as often as possible. Don't expect much text thou because I'm really bad writing on iThings..

Ohh.. Almost forgot! I hope you like my blog's name. In case you haven't noticed it's a mixture of Georgia and Gorgeous.. Georgia is a very underrated country but it doesn't take much of a search in Google to realise the "Georgeness" (I like to make up my own words) that Georgia has to offer..






Watermelons.. How appropriate!




Into The Wild ;) 







10 comments:

  1. Já estou a adorar, Pedrinho!! Que bem que escreves!! Vou ficar colada para saber todas as novidades :)

    Lots of love!!
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patricia! ;) Obrigado, mas ainda tenho muito que andar para escrever como tu (ainda mais se for nuns saltos como os da tua pic):p

      Lots of love back to you!

      Delete
  2. Mais uma fã aqui!!! I'll be folowing you for sure! (how creepy is that?! Well in nowadays standards seems that not so much... eheheh)

    Have a ball!! xxxxx :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grande Albanix! Nice to hear from you! It'd be cool if u are given a route to Georgia in the next couple of weeks.. :p just let me know if you do! ;)

      Beijos! xx

      Delete
  3. You r such a crazy boy!!!!!
    I'll follow the blog for sure ;)

    Have fun *

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not as crazy as you.. Bracara Legion Boy!

      Aquele Grande Abraco Piercuso (or in English.. Pierzize)

      Delete
  4. Have fun my friend! If something goes wrong Smile and wave boy, smile and wave! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Marcelino! If things go wrong I'll smile and wave.. while running! :)

      Delete
  5. The place sure is beautiful, lets hope the people are too. I'm sure they are. Enjoy your trip. See you when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salam Omar! Looking forward to see u back in September ;)

    ReplyDelete